Mansfield Constituency Labour Party For Mansfield, Mansfield Woodhouse and Warsop
New analysis from Mansfield Labour, based on research by Kantar and More In Common, reveals a staggering 21,870 in Mansfield are missing meals thanks to the cost of living crisis. The analysis also reveals:
- 55,769 in Mansfield have been forced to cut down on electricity or heating – more than half
- 8,748 have been forced to use a foodbank
Publishing the analysis, Labour’s Andy Abrahams said,
“The cost of living crisis is getting worse and worse and it is driving families in Mansfield to make heart-breaking choices. Yet instead of stepping in to help, the Conservatives have made things worse. Their reckless and irresponsible actions have crashed the British economy, blowing a giant hole in the nation’s finances and making us all poorer through higher prices, bigger mortgage payments, rising rents and by pushing up the cost of borrowing.
“After 12 years of failure the Conservatives are letting our community down just when we need them most – but Labour has a plan. Labour would restore sanity and stability to our economy with a fully funded growth plan – led by real investment to secure the green jobs of the future.”
Notes to Editors
Kantar polled a representative sample of 1,000 British adults.
- 20% said they had skipped meals because of the cost of living crisis
- 51% had been forced to cut down on electricity or heating
- 8% have been forced to rely on foodbanks
Analysis by Mansfield Labour reveals that equates to figures in Mansfield of:
- 21,870 skipping meals because of the cost of living crisis
- 55,769 forced to cut down on electricity or heating
- 8,748 forced to rely on foodbanks